- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped or pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 Fresh figs, stemmed and halved
- 1 pounds skinless salmon fillet
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for an hour beforehand to prevent burning when cooking.
- Cut salmon into 1 or 2 inch cubes. Sprinkle on all sides with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Slice onion into 1 1/4-inch squares.
- Heat oven to 450°F or heat grill. Thread salmon on skewers, alternating with fig halves and onion pieces. Place on oiled rack over a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast 18 to 22 minutes, turning after 10 minutes, until fish flakes.
- While fish cooks, in a small saucepan, combine orange juice, vinegar, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add cornstarch and stir with whisk until blended. Add olive oil. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once skewers are baked, remove from oven and brush or spoon glaze over the salmon and figs. Sprinkle with fresh thyme.
Adapted from This recipe