This cake is peanut butter free for picky pups like mine who want meat and nothing else!
– 2 eggs
– 1 pound lean ground beef
– 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
– 1/2 cup oats
– 1/2 cup bread crumbs
– 1/2 cup shredded carrots
– 1 package pre-made mashed potatoes such as Bob Evans
– carrots and peas and dog treats (toppings)
1. Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. Mix the beef, oats, eggs, bread crumbs, peas, and carrots together in a large bowl.
3. Line your baking tin with aluminum foil And grease the foil lightly (I used a standard size loaf pan and it filled it about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way full)
4. Add your meat mixture. Bake for about 40 minutes until the meat cooks through. It should be about 160 degrees Fahrenheit inside when done.
5. Let cool in pan completely. When cool, lift out of pan using the aluminum foil. If you try to turn it out of the pan, it will likely fall apart.
6. Meanwhile, prepare your pre-made mashed potatoes about halfway through the box directions. For instance, the first step on mine said to microwave for three minutes then stir and microwave again – I only microwaved it for that first 3 mins. This stops it from becoming too hot and runny to hold its shape as frosting. Once your meat cake is cool, cover it with potato frosting and decorate with carrots, treats and peas.