The baking portion of our collaboration with Morris Kitchen involved some super fluffy and delicious Cardamom Madeleines with a touch of luscious preserved lemon. Proof that these wonderful products are extremely versatile!
Cardamom and Preserved Lemon Madeleine’s
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Morris Kitchen Preserved Lemon Syrup, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- Powdered Sugar for dusting
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cardamom, and baking powder
- In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together eggs and sugar until mixture becomes pale and thick, about 2-3 minutes. Add vanilla and lemon syrup and mix until combined.
- Using a spatula, gently fold dry ingredients into egg mixture until there are no clumps, be careful not to over-mix. Add butter and mix until smooth and just combined.
- Press with plastic wrap directly against batter in the bowl to cover and chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Generously butter your Madeleine pan and dust lightly with flour. Spoon chilled batter evenly between the individual molds.
- Bake for about 11 minutes, rotating once during the baking. Be weary as these tend to over-bake easily.
- Loosen gently around the edges with a knife and allow to cool on a baking rack. Dust with a thin layer of powdered sugar and drizzle with lemon syrup. Serve immediately for best results but may be stored up to 2 days in an air-tight container on the counter.